Becoming eco-friendly is not difficult; it is just a matter of adjusting your lifestyle. Learning to conserve where we can ensure that our children and grandchildren have a place to call home.
1. Print Both Sides of Paper: Reuse paper whenever possible by printing both sides or using the second side for some other work.
2. Install Showerheads with Low Flow & turn Off Taps: It is too common to leave the tap running while brushing teeth and waste water. Low-flow showerheads use 25 to 60% less water and cut down on the water bill.
3. Fully Load Dishwasher & Washing Machine: Running these appliances with less than full loads wastes water and energy. By ensuring that each load is full, you save on electricity bill and the environment.
4. Use Energy Efficient Light Bulbs: Technology is advancing very quickly, and light bulbs that use very little electricity are now very common. Granted they cost more initially, but the compact fluorescent light bulbs use 25% less energy and last up to ten times longer. So, in the long run, you save money not only on electricity but replacements also.
5. Switch off Lights: Make a habit of turning all unnecessary lights, computers, and T.Vs off when not in use. You will be amazed at the difference in your bill!
The beautiful city of Fort Lauderdale can be found along the coast of Florida about an hour’s drive northward away from the pomp and flamboyance of the South Beach in Miami. This city is more subdued in its display of fun activities and provides a mix of privacy and diversity. Overall, it offers a wonderful life style and the real estate market is always great.
With the city on the ocean side, it is no surprise to find out that residents are an eclectic breed of people from artists to fishermen. Beautiful homes, ocean front restaurant, beautiful beaches and waterways are part of the attractive package of the city. Individuals are likely to enjoy spending time here on vacation or living there on a regular basis thanks to the widespread attractions. The homes vary from high-rise condos, to waterfront mansions, and beautiful gated-communities. To see some of Fort Lauderdale’s most beautiful homes for sale click here.
For individuals considering a more permanent move to the city, Fort Lauderdale’s climate is one that always exudes warmth thanks to its tropical acclimation of almost year-round sun. The weather is mostly warm with a spare outpouring of rain during the year.
It is no secret that the city is surrounded by beaches hence, water sports and occasional trips to the beach are things to look forward to while staying there. Residing there all year round means you get the opportunity to develop habits such as having a favorite spot to fish or knowing the perfect day to snorkel.
Although all these add to the charm of the region, there are other things that make living here worthwhile:
- This community is one that has deep roots with the ocean. It therefore comes as no surprise that over 30,000 of its residents reside within their sea craft (yachts).
- Fort Lauderdale is a sprawling metropolis in the making regardless of its small size. During the spring break period, it attracts a large crowd which aids in the economy of the community by creating jobs. The government has also taken steps into ensuring that business growth is one that is not impeded as various professions are each given a boost.
- The art of the city is another attraction point and as a result, it is not surprising to find that at least one person out of ten individuals is most likely to be an artist. The city also plays host to art communities such as the Flagler Arts and Technology which also aids the local economy by organizing Art Walk events.
- Food variety thanks to the different restaurants is something to look forward too. The fact that Fort Lauderdale is close to the ocean means that seafood is showcased at its best.
- The all-round nice weather means that the weather is mostly pleasant therefore it would make a nice place to get away from the pollution of the crowded city and live a healthy life.
- Fort Lauderdale also boasts many places to engage in outdoor activities. There are plenty of beautiful parks where you can go skating, biking and beaches that offer serene kayaking experiences on a regular basis.
- Fort Lauderdale has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the city of Florida thanks to its thriving tourist economy as well as incentives by the local government to improve business standards.
As you can see, Fort Lauderdale offers an incredible lifestyle. The quality of life for you, your spouse, and your children in Fort Lauderdale is hard to surpass. What is your favorite thing about Fort Lauderdale?